Welcome to virus encyclopedia of panda security
|Effects:||It spreads and affects other computers, and has damaging effects on the affected computer.|
|First detected on:||July 11, 2009|
|Detection updated on:||Sept. 20, 2009|
|FlySky.AD. is a virus that also has the characteristics of a worm. |
FlySky.AD. gets into a computer via e-mail, the Internet, floppy disks, etc, and it spreads by inserting its code in other files and programs. Its effects can range from simply annoying to destructive.
Furthermore, due to its worm characteristics, FlySky.AD. also spreads by sending out copies of itself. Its main objective is to collapse computers and networks, preventing users from working with the affected computer.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
FlySky.AD. uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
FlySky.AD. carries out the following actions:
- It inserts its code in other files and programs. It has damaging effects on the affected computer.
- It spreads and affects other computers by creating copies of itself.
FlySky.AD. does not spread automatically using its own means. It needs the attacking user's intervention in order to reach the affected computer. The means of transmission used include, among others, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, email messages with attached files, Internet downloads, FTP, IRC channels, peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing networks, etc.
FlySky.AD. has the following additional characteristics:
- It is 154 bytes in size.
Is my computer infected by FlySky.AD.?
In order to make absolutely sure that FlySky.AD. has not affected your computer, you have the following options:
- Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn't and you are a registered Panda Security client, update it by clicking here.
- Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Security's free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
If Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects FlySky.AD. during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program's instructions.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, clickhereto find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, clickhereto find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses and other threats, click here.