Welcome to virus encyclopedia of panda security
It affects mobile phones with an Android operating system. It seems to be the classic game for phones called the Snake, but besides the game, it installs a spyware program which requires geographical infromation to the GPS of the affected user's phone.
|First detected on:||Aug. 24, 2010|
|Detection updated on:||Aug. 31, 2010|
Apparently, it is the popular Snake game, but unlike this, TapSnake.A requires geographical information to the GPS of the terminal in order to send the position to a malicious user, as this game is part of the spyware suite called GPS Spy.
It is necessary that a user (the affected or attacking user) installs the program. Therefore physical access to the terminal is required. Additionally, users have to register in order to associate the affected terminal with the GPS Spy software and this way gain access the gathered information.
TapSnake.A can be downloaded from the Android Market.
Once installed in the phone, it carries out the following actions:
- Apparently, it is the popular Snake game:
- However, it is part of the spyware suite called GPS Spy, and, unlike this, TapSnake.A requires geographical information to the GPS of the terminal in order to send the position to a malicious user.
- Users have to register in order to associate the affected terminal with the GPS Spy software and this way gain access the gathered information:
- Although users close the application, it remains memory resident and continues sending information about the location of the affected terminal:
- Though users turn off the phone, the application will be automatically run when the phone is restarted.
TapSnake.A is 28,672 bytes in size.
Is my computer infected by TapSnake.A?
Once in the information panel, choose the Uninstall option:
- Before installing any application in the phone, check the access permissions of this application. If it requires access to unnecessary services, do not trust and do not install such application.
- In the case of TapSnake.A, it indicates that access to the GPS and to the system tools are needed, as can be seen in the image below:
Additionally, you can get information about the wide range of products we offer visiting our product section.