How to create a patch policy in Panda Cloud Systems Management
Information applies to:
|Panda Cloud Systems Management|
Patch policies in Panda Cloud Systems Management enable the administrator to have greater control of the rollout of Windows updates to the network.
By configuring a number of options from the Administration console, the administrator can easily fine tune the delivery of patches to all Windows devices.
Steps to create a patch policy
- Open the PCSM Administration console.
- Select Policies from either the Account or Profile levels and click Add profile policy…
- Select the devices to target with this policy.
- Click Add to create a new policy.
- In the Create a patch policy window, configure the different options for the new policy:
- Window: Select a window for the patches to be deployed: daily, weekly or hourly and for how long (in hours).
Selecting Randomize the start time to smooth network load will ensure that all the patch updates do not start at once. This helps to ease the load on the network connection and helps to avoid any potential flooding.
- Allow forced reboot(s), if required enables the forced reboot included in the update to run. This option is off by default.
- Shutdown after update completed
- Install Criteria: define how patches will be installed:
- Install all patches
- Filter them by the following criteria:
- Request user input
- Reboot behaviour
- Release date
- Download size
- KB number
For example, the network admin can set the policy to only install patches with a severity of Recommended or Higher and to ignore the rest. To create this example filter:
- Select the Severity field.
- In the Condition selection box, choose Less than or equal to.
- Finally, select Recommended in the Search term combo box.