What privileges are needed to install and administer Panda Security for File Servers?
Information applies to:
|Panda for File Servers (Windows)|
|FileSecure 2007 para Servidores Windows|
In order to install and administer Panda for File Servers protection in Windows servers, the user must have a series of minimum privileges. These privileges will prevent errors from appearing when managing the antivirus.
The user must meet the following characteristics:
- Belong to the following groups:
- Domain Admins (Global group).
- Administrators (Local group).
- Have the same user name and password in every domain server.
- The user must also have the following rights:
- Log on locally.
- Act as part of the operating system.
- Log on as batch job.
- Log on as a service.
In order to check these rights, follow the steps below:
- In Windows 2000 server or Windows 2003 server:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative tools.
- Double click the Security Policies icon in Domain Controllers and click Local Security Policies.
- In User Rights Assignment, select the four rights and check that they are assigned to the Administrator account.
- The following services must exist and be started:
- Remote procedure call locator (RPC).
- RPC Service.
- Remote Registry service (only in Windows 2000/2003/2008).
- The C:\ directory shared as C$ (administrative resource).
- The system directory (C:\WINNT) must be shared as ADMIN$ (administrative resource).