How is Panda Cloud Office Protection installed using the distribution tool?
Information applies to:
|Panda Cloud Office Protection|
|Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced|
The Distribution tool lets you install the protection centrally, avoiding manual intervention from users throughout the process.
Downloading the distribution tool
- Go to the Panda Cloud Office Protection administration console.
- Select the Installation tab.
- In Use distribution tool section, click the Download distribution tool link.
- This opens the group selection screen. Select the one you want and click Download.
- Click Save in the Distributiontool.msi file download window.
- When the download has finished, run the DistributionTool.msi file from the directory you have saved it in. A wizard will guide you through the installation process.
Installing the protection
- Go to Start>> Programs>> Panda Security>> Panda Cloud Office Protection Distribution tool or to the shortcut on your Desktop.
- Select Install protection in the console. The Protection Installation screen will open, which will allow you to distribute the protection in two ways:
- Distribution by Domain
- Enter the group in which you want to include the computers to be installed. The settings policy to be applied on the computers will depend on the group selected
- Select the domains or computers in the network tree on which you want to install it
- Use the user name and password with administrator permissions to carry out the installation. The user name must be entered in domain\user name format
- Once the data is entered, click Install to generate the installation jobs.
- Distribution by IP address or computer name
- Enter the group in which you want to include the computers to be installed. The settings policy to be applied on the computers will depend on the group selected.
- Add the name or IP address of the computers to be installed, separated by commas. You can also select IP ranges using the ‘-‘ symbol (e.g. 172.18.15.10 – 172.18.15.50).
- Use the user name and password with administrator permissions to carry out the installation. The user name must be entered in domain\user name format.
- Click Install to generate the installation jobs.
- Check the installation job has completed successfully from the console.
- The protection installation will begin, completely transparently.
- Restart the computer if prompted.
Note: Short network connection interruptions may occur during the protection and firewall installation processes.