How can I install my antivirus product?
Information applies to:
Installing your antivirus product will be very easy thanks to the wizard included in the application.
The installation process is the same whether it is the first time that you install the product or you install it again if you have changed or formatted your computer.
Make sure your computer meets the following requirements before installing the program.
The aim of this tutorial is to help you install your product and discover all the advantages that Panda Security offers you.
Note: this tutorial has been recorded using Panda Global Protection 2012 from the 2012 antivirus products family.
- Check if your computer meets the following minimum requirements.
Pentium 300 Mhz
128 MB without TruPrevent Technologies
512 MB with TruPrevent Technologies
(1 GB recommended)
275 MB free space
Windows XP (32-bits)
Windows XP (64-bits) only 2009
Windows Vista (32/64-bits)
Windows 7 (32/64-bits) only 2012/2011/2010
MS Internet Explorer 6.0
CD-ROM and USB drive
- Uninstall any other antivirus program that you might have installed on your computer. If it is a Panda antivirus product, use the Panda Security program uninstaller. In the case of other vendor's program, please contact the manufacturer.
Step 1: Run the installation fileIf you have the latest CD-ROM, run the Install.exe file on the CD drive to start the installation process.
If you have downloaded the latest version of your product from the Downloads section, run the executable file (for example, in the case of Panda Global Protection 2013 the file is PANDAGP13.exe).
Step 2: Follow the steps in the installation wizard
- Select the antivirus installation language and click Next.
- The wizard prompts you to read and accept the license agreement. Click Yes.
- The next screen gives you the chance to change the program installation directory (click Browse) and select an installation type:
- Minimum installation: reduces resource consumption as certain protection modules are not installed.
- Typical installation: the recommended option for most users. The program will install the minimum required options.
- Custom installation: lets you configure all available options and is recommended only for advanced users.
- Next, the computer memory scan starts. Once the scan is complete, click OK (only 2010 range and prior).
- Finally, once all files have been copied, select Yes, I want to restart the computer now and click Finish.